Two years ago. you could search for “just for today affirmations” and the internet would lead you to this list. I’ve looked a bit and haven’t seen it around. Given the number of people it’s helped and empowered over the years, I figured I should make it available.
I found a copy dated 1988 at a support group meeting about five years ago. No one knew who had written it, they’d just found the sheet of paper and made photocopies. So in that tradition, I pass it on to you now. I suggest reading it out loud. Here goes.
1. Just for today I will respect my own and others’ boundaries.
2. Just for today I will be vulnerable with someone I trust.
3. Just for today I will take one compliment and hold it in my heart for more than just a fleeting moment. I will let it nuture me.
4. Just for today I will act in a way that I would admire in someone else.
5. I am a child of God.
6. I am a precious person.
7. I am a worthwhile person.
8. I am beautiful inside and outside.
9. I love myself unconditionally.
10. I can allow myself ample leisure time without feeling guilty.
11. I deserve to be loved by myself and others.
12. I am loved because I deserve love.
13. I am a child of God and I deserve love, peace, prosperity and serenity.
14. I forgive myself for hurting myself and others.
15. I forgive myself for letting others hurt me.
16. I forgive myself for accepting sex when I wanted love.
17. I am willing to accept love.
18. I am not alone, I am one with God and the universe.
19. I am whole and good.
20. I am capable of changing.
21. The pain that I might feel by remembering can’t be any worse than the pain I feel by knowing and not remembering.
As daily affirmations go, I find this to be one of the most empowering and healing. I hope it brings someone out there some peace. I know this isn’t what I normally post on my blog, but I’d love to hear your thoughts.